StatCtr

Friday, May 11, 2012

Face of Christian Grey

FACE OF CHRISTIAN GREY
The name Christian Grey became synonymous with the pinnacle of manhood, sexual competence, and peak of control freakery, possessiveness, salacity, wantonness, and love. He’s more handsome than the Greek god Adonis, driven, competitive, desirous, and most importantly, very expressive, alive as in life is oozing out of him, an American entrepreneur, secret philanthropist, tormented with his past so badly that he defines his own-self as 50 Shades Fuckedup! His driven nature made him the hot shot he is; and his weaknesses are also his strengths: his control freakery is what contributed to his success and his competence in quite a few fields which is a draw for women, but it’s also what hurts his relationship in the first book with Anastasia.
(Adonis and Venus)

Ever the fast learner he is, he learns to master and exercise control of this aspect of his life when it comes to Anastasia. His name is synonymous with control freakery after all. (← My Way by Frank Sinatra)
He doesn’t apologize for being the way he is. He doesn’t waste his time for making apologies for himself - except maybe to Anastasia which is a first. But then again, she is a lot of firsts for him. Possibly love at first sight, first virgin, first woman he pursued with the extent that he had, first vanilla, first in his own bed to sleep with, first to introduce to his mother and family, first girlfriend in the real sense, first love (though he's the last to admit), first in Charlie Tango, first non-submissive... The list is endless. So, it's no wonder he's deeply, madly, completely, utterly, and irrevocably IN LOVE with her! (Isn't love sweet?? Sigh!...) He’s worked exceptionally hard, and competed furiously to get to where he is. He exercises control in everything he does: His business, emotions, relationships, family.  Which brings us to his disposition of a lifestyle: He is into the dominant – submissive lifestyle, and he isn’t interested in any other kind, neither does he have experience in it... Well, that is until he met his love interest Miss Anastasia Steele.
It is easy for most people to condemn him; after all he’s not your average, ordinary guy. He doesn’t answer to the societal norms. He’s megalomaniac, son of a crack whore whose father is unknown – possibly one of her clients. He’s been abused by her pimp badly. His mother who couldn’t handle the difficulties of her life checked out-committed suicide in front of her 4 year old son Christian. He starved for four days while living with his dead mother. A toddler! When the pimp discovers crack whore’s dead body and the 4 year old Christian, he kicks him around, mad at the woman for killing herself, but leaves him in that environment, locks the door and walks away! When police discovers him, he’s starved, dirty, scared, and already fuckedup in his very young life.
The doctor who examines him after he’s discovered, decides to adopt him, and that’s the saving grace in Christian’s life for the first time ever. This is the point I want to emphasize: If you don’t give people a chance, they’ll never be able to get out of the mess they’re in. Isn’t this the point to the story of the “Prodigal son” anyway? Give people a chance to prove their worth... Though with struggle, Anastasia helps Christian to prove his worth. That doesn’t mean she concedes to everything he wants of her. She makes him learn to make compromises. Because he’s skipped through his adolescence by being sexually abused by an older pedophile, he learns to adjust his behavior to accommodate Anastasia’s wants and needs without compromising his best qualities which we all came to love.
The face I picked for my version of Christian Grey belongs to an actor and a model named Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ. He was chosen the “Best Model of the World” in an international modeling pageant in October 2002. He was born on October 27, 1983 in Turkey. He’s 6’3” (190 cm). His hair color is Blonde, and he has blue eyes. He reminds most of his fans a young Brad Pitt. He’s currently dating Miss World 2002, Azra Akin who is Dutch model with Turkish ancestry.  
You will find the images of these two to represent Christian and Anastasia. Kivanc is a talented actor; he’s played playboys, tough guys, cops, criminals, heirs etc. He’s versatile, and ladies love him. From what I read in the magazines that his shows are also sold and shown in many countries and particulary in Arab countries where a lot Arab ladies who watched his shows divorced their husband saying “Why can’t you be like him?” Because he represents to them an attentive lover, husband who is keen of his wife's needs and wants and ambitions. It can't hurt that he's handsome either. (And no he's from the land where the Greek god Adonis is supposed to be from.)
You can see the raucous he’s causing among the Arab women from the rich gated mansions to the refugee camps. It’s quite interesting: http://www.arabwashingtonian.org/english/article.php?articleID=853
The following images are of Kivanc and Azra. (Kivanc's modelling and acting images with music)






23 comments:

ArlingtonMom said...

I love this game! And I think your choice is excellent--he looks great. I can see why he's driving women mad the world over. And I can definitely see him as Christian. Good choice!!

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Before I chose him to represent our main man, I went through a lot of well known actors, heart throbs from around the world. Kivanc sort of made his own impact and he was known for very Christian-like behavior (at least a parallel).

I too like this game, because, believe it or not, this story is bringing people together from various corners of the world. I haven't heard of some island countries, and I had to look them up on the map. All because of Christian and Ana's love without which this wouldn't be possible! It's really very sweet...

So, I think I'll keep playing it as long as you guys want to see and participate :) Fun times!

Sandy said...

The only man I will accept as Christian Grey is Ian Somerhalder. Swoon....

Anonymous said...

Ok, I realize this is off the beaten path ;) but what about Kellan Lutz??
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/kellan-lutz-dylan-george-4.jpg
I think he could pull off the low husky voice well.
-D

Anonymous said...

OOooo! How about Matt Bomer??
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3130820096/nm0093589

Ani said...

I watched White Collar for the first time last night and Matt Bomer would be a great Christian. I saw him on Glee a few weeks back and he sings and dances as well...
My other choice is Henry Cavill..I loved him in the Tudors. He buffed up for the Immortals and even moreso for the upcoming Superman film

Keisha said...

Kivanc and Azra are gorgeous & would be so perfect as Christian and Ana. Another person I thought of that would be great as Christian was, Christian Bale if he was a bit younger. He is sexy & has that charming look but also has a mysterious/moody exterior to him. I saw some mention Ian Somerhalder and I love him as well. Im loving your pick of Kivanc though. I've never heard ofnhim before but just from seeing him on here & throughout your chapters, I want to know him now! :)

Eminé said...

I agree. Took me a while to choose this couple. And since they're also a real life couple, it makes my job so much easier to locate images with the two together, though some images are from movies he played in and the female partner is not Azra.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have another idea... (I was the one to originally suggest Matt Bomer.) There is another show on USA that may give another option. Patrick J Adams. He would definitely fit the right age bracket. And the character he plays on the show (SUITS) is very savy and buisness like but young and charming. I think he could pull it off though he is not as muscular as I would have imagined Christian to be....
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef01675ec1282e970b-600wi
-D

Sandy said...

Aside from the physical beauty, Ian is my choice for various reasons...he shows how he can be serious, dark, playful, romantic, disturbed and sexy as Damon. He already hasthe perfect hair, crooked smile and amazing abs. He has those dents! Aside from that, he can dance (just watched an episode of V w him dancing and I melted) and he does full frontal nudity (I have video). There is no one else for this part. I will cry if he's not cast.

I do like Henry Cavill tho. I wouldn't be angry if he got it. Matt Bomer is gay and I would have a hard time watching him in such a sexual role w a woman. I wouldn't mind Colin Egglesford either.

I will boycot the movie if that gross dude from True Blood is cast. Vomits at the thought. And there is no way I will see it if Robert Pattison is cast.

Anonymous said...

Ok Now I have two new suggestions... (I know there was already a vote but I wanted to throw them out there anyway)
Chris Pine
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2798618368/nm1517976

and
Shawn Roberts
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm989433088/nm0731575

I really like Matt Bomer but I think he is too old for the part. Still hot though.
-D

Anonymous said...

I just did an image search of them, holy smokes . .. he's def. got the Dom. look down pat. I like the unexpected choice and they are a gorgeous couple.

Anonymous said...

just found your blog about a week ago but i'm already caught up with you. was left wanting more after i finished the trilogy. sad that now i have to wait but well worth it. you're amazing. keep up the good work & thank you for taking the time.
as far as christian, i just searched all the suggestions but my christian is still scott elrod.
he's a manly man, tall, slender, long fingers, chest hair & i think he even has the gray eyes. sure hope that they cast him for the movie.

knocka said...

Matt bomer would have been nice but I can't see him playing Christian Grey he's gay!! No offense, No disrespect to gay ppl I love them but he wouldn't do it for me!!! William Levy YES!!!!

Anonymous said...

How could we ever except Matt Bomer as Christian? Ian Somerhalder oh yes! Thank you for writing from Christian's POV, I wondered about it through the complete trilogy!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late with this, but I just watched the kiddie movie "Mirror,Mirror" with my little girl and I think the people who played the prince and Snow White would be a perfect Ana and Christian. The guy is quite handsome and looks to be the right age. Also there's a scene in the movie when they are "fighting" in the snow and he keeps swatting her butt with the sword. I was like, "That was so Christian Grey". I think the girl is very pretty and she has that innocent look about her. They are relative unknowns, at least I think anyway. I'm one of the few who thinks an unknown should play them in the movie.

Unknown said...

Two words: Stephen Amell! The perfect fit for Christian! Google this actor - he is amazing!

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Yes, I know Stephen Amell; I'm very fond of him. He'd make a super Christian.

I only used an actor who would never audition for this position because I have fans who are die hard towards one actor or another. I didn't want to be biased towards any one of them.

But, I do agree with you about Stephen Amell. He's a perfect specimen!

Anonymous said...

Emine you had really Found a God. You know i uses to imagine Christian in Matt Bomer peal, but after your sugestion i can't imagine another actor. You mayer will laugh of me, but i start to see Ask memnu on you tube and i dont speak a single word in turkish!! I am from Brazil., can you imagine!!! Buy eh is so amazing that make my day just to wacth a little every day!!!

Perfect!!
Kiss

Anonymous said...

Emine you had really Found a God. You know i uses to imagine Christian in Matt Bomer peal, but after your sugestion i can't imagine another actor. You mayer will laugh of me, but i start to see Ask memnu on you tube and i dont speak a single word in turkish!! I am from Brazil., can you imagine!!! Buy eh is so amazing that make my day just to wacth a little every day!!!

Perfect!!
Kiss

Anonymous said...

I don't think your pick is the right one to play Christian, I think it should be Zac Efron, he's sexy, very hot & his eyes can melt butter & they are GRAY...YES his eyes are naturally GRAY!!!

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

I have said this SOOO many times, but I'll repeat it again. My choice on the blog was due to having fans rooting for all the popular candidates and I didn't want to be biased against any one of them. There are some great choices.

However, I never considered Zac Efron as Christian. Eye color can easily be changed as was the case for the Twilight series. Tattoos can be covered. Zac Efron is short, skinny, and he doesn't have the slightest character traits required of Christian. Just eye color isn't enough to cast him as Christian. He must be a dominating presence, his gaze piercing, commanding, tall, well toned, and must be liked by the majority of women. He's too young for this role, or looks too young. Maybe down the road a few years later he may be ready for it. But it would be like casting someone who isn't ready to play James Bond yet. He isn't ready for this role.

Unknown said...

Yes, Matt Bomer fits the profile very well. I hope he considers the role.
Fifty Shades